Frequently Asked Questions
I apologise but due to working alone in a business that is busier than ever, and having furloughed my staff on government rules during the Covid 19 pandemic, I am sometimes unable to answer questions personally.
- What are your plans during Covid 19? Please click here to see our blog post outlining our current situation.
- My hair feels 'waxy' or not right after using the bar, what is happening, how long will this last? I cannot predict how long this will last for each person as everyone varies. Please follow this link to find out about the transition process.
- Postal Questions? Please follow this link.
- Do you sell wholesale? This is currently on hold.
- Which bar for my hair / skin type? All bars are divided into hair type on the website - please follow this link and look at the list in the menu.
- Do you make a conditioner bar? No I don't because The Good Soap shampoo bars do not require a separate conditioner. For more information please follow this link.
- How do I use and store my moisturiser bar? Please see here.
- How do I use and store my deodorant bar? Please see here
- Do you make a hand soap? No I don't - my bars are multi functional, if you want smaller bars you can easily cut the 100g standard bar in half or quarters to use at different sinks.
- Will you be making mini / giant soaps - yes we have mini boxes of our classic bars. We have no plans for giant soaps,
- Are your products safety tested? Yes The Good Soap products all hold CPSR certificates which means they are tested and are safe for use as a topical cosmetic product, in line with EU regulations.
- Are your bars suitable for children and babies? We have a baby soap which has been certified as safe from newborn upwards - find it here. All of our other bars are suitable for children from toddler upwards.
- Can I visit the workshop? This is currently on hold.
- Do bars contain parabens, sls or palm oil? The answer is no, please follow this link to see how The Good Soap bars are made.
- What weight are the products?
- Shampoo / Soap bars - 90g *
- Face bars - 80g *
- Salt Bars - 120g *
- Shaving Bars - 90g *
- Deodorant bars and tins - 90g
- Lip Balms - 20g
- Moisturising Skin Balms - 90g
- Baby Soap - 90g *
* Due to natural shrinkage and water loss handmade soaps can sometimes lose a little of their weight during curing. If this is the case you are still getting all of the benefits of a more condensed and harder soap with less water. At The Good Soap we do not add any extra ingredients to 'bulk out' our soaps.
- I have allergy concerns. All ingredients, and naturally occurring allergens which can be found in some essential oils, are listed underneath each bar so you can see exactly what you are using. There is also allergen information here
- Why is the Lye not listed in the ingredients? This is because the lye changes composition during the saponification process and therefore is no longer in existence in the final product.
- I have packaging concerns? Please see here